About the Medical Office Assistant Diploma Program
MaKami’s unique Medical Office Assistant program is based on a case study format. On your first day of school, you are “hired” as a medical receptionist in a mock company. You will have imaginary clients, co-workers, tasks and assignments, giving you the edge to hit the ground running when you graduate less than a year later!
Using the latest technology, all students will be provided with a laptop for their studies, fully loaded with their program curriculum. Students will begin the first four months of their program learning basic administrative functions, and then move into learning healthcare-specific skills such as healthcare fundamentals, medical terminology, medical software and more.
In our medical office administration courses you will learn about:
- The healthcare system in Alberta
- The importance of the MOA role in patient-centred care
- Medical office scheduling and billing software
- Infection prevention and control strategies to protect yourself and your patients
- The basics in professional communications, medical office administration, interpersonal skills, computers and technology
- Healthcare fundamentals, medical terminology and basic clinical procedures
- Customer service skills and strategies for anticipating patient needs and using positive care approaches to patient interactions
In the last month of the program, students will get real-life experience with 160 hours of practicum training that you can include in your resume as experience, even before you graduate.
Receive Additional Certifications
In addition to a variety of transferrable skills, including keyboarding, Microsoft Office, Career Preparation and more, you’ll also earn certifications in First Aid and Privacy Awareness in Healthcare Training.
New student intakes for this blended program start every two months – start your first medical office assistant course by signing up today!