International Students in Canada
If you're thinking of moving to Canada to study abroad, you should consider pursuing a massage therapy career at MaKami College!
Immigrating to Canada can be a challenging task. Aside from the legal immigration process, there can be many other barriers to studying in Canada, such as learning the language and adapting to the culture.
MaKami College works hard to break down the barriers to education and employment for Newcomers to Canada. We offer ESL classes, document translation services and more to help International Students who immigrate to Canada get the massage therapy career they want. Learn more about how we help international students in Canada learn English as a second language while they are studying.
Scroll down to learn more about how International Students can become part of the MaKami College family.
NOTE: As spam emails and other internet risks can occur, please be aware that at no time will MaKami College request any payments for tuition or otherwise from international students until the first day of scheduled class. In addition, payments will never be requested via wire transfer (e.g. Paypal). Payments are made in-person on the first day of scheduled class only. Should you receive any email or other communications requesting funds prior to your start date or requesting funds online, please Contact Us immediately.
Applicants coming here to study from abroad must meet our college admission requirements:
- Be 17 years of age or older.
- Provide international education documentations for review.
- Transcripts submitted in a language other than English can be translated into English and authenticated by MaKami College Inc.
- Be able to obtain and provide evidence of a study permit for the duration of the program prior to the program start date and arrival.
- Demonstrate competence in the English language.
- As English is the language of instruction in all programs at MaKami College, we require you to demonstrate communicative proficiency in the English language prior to admission acceptance. This will enable academic success for all international student applicants of MaKami College Inc.
Competence can be demonstrated by earning the stated grade on the following tests:
|TOEFL iBT||53 - 100|
|CAEL||50 - 70|
|CLB||7 - 9|
|IELTS Academic||5 - 8|
|Cambridge||CAE-C, CAE-B, CPE-C|
|MELAB||80 - 92|
|CELPIP General Test||7 - 12|
If you meet the admissions criteria, please complete the program specific International Student Package found below:
Please note, admission requests will only be processed once all requested documentation including the International Student Package is signed, completed and returned to your desired location:
|EDMONTON LOCATION||CALGARY LOCATION|
|MaKami College Inc.
#212, 5615 - 101 Avenue,
Edmonton, AB T6A 3Z7
|MaKami College Inc.
9618 Horton Road SW,
Caglary, AB T2V 4K8