JOB POSTING: The Rimrock Resort Hotel is looking to hire a Spa & Fitness Manager for their Banff, AB Resort. This position will report to the Hotel General Manager and will oversee all aspects of the Spa & Fitness Centre, ensuring the team is set up for success and delivering exceptional guest experiences.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary, extended medical and dental benefits, paid sick days, 3 weeks of vacation, and hotel and restaurant discounts. Subsidized staff accommodation may be available. Visit www.rimrockresort.com to find out more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and managing department budgeting, forecasting, payroll analysis, service charges and commissions, and cost analysis of products and services.
- Staying informed of all latest developments and trends in the Spa Industry including sales techniques, pricing structures and promotions in the Bow Valley.
- Working with the General Manager on Spa long and short-term strategic planning; ensuring the facility is operating efficiently, effectively, and profitably.
- Creating and updating department standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensuring staff are trained on SOPs and are following them.
- Ensuring the overall cleanliness and upkeep of the entire Spa & Fitness area including reception, waiting areas, treatment rooms, fitness centre, pool, steam rooms, sauna, and locker rooms.
- Managing the Rimrock Fitness Membership program.
- Recruitment and training of new staff for all areas of the Spa & Fitness Centre.
- Creating employee schedules, conducting performance reviews, and administering disciplinary action. · Responding to guest inquiries or concerns regarding their treatment or experience in Spa & Fitness Centre, including responding to online reviews.
- Working with the Sales & Marketing Department on developing special packages, potential business referrals, and marketing strategies to increase the Spa’s online presence and promote our services.
- Having a clear understanding of all services provided and products used in treatments and for sale, and the benefits they offer.
- Ensuring employees are presenting themselves to Hotel standards, are providing exceptional customer service, and are following health and safety protocols.
- Ensuring effective communication with every department within the hotel.
- Completion of Grade 12 or Equivalent and comfortable handling money
- Certificate or diploma from an accredited Esthetics or Massage Therapy College preferred
- Post-secondary education in Business or Hospitality/Tourism is an asset
- 5+ years in the Spa industry and 2+ years of spa or gym management experience
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and learning new software programs · Customer-service oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable providing positive feedback and support to all team members
- Actively contributes to a positive and motivating work environment
CONTACT: To apply, please visit the careers section on www.rimrockresort.com and fill out an application.