Become a certified master instructor within a year.
Apply your new skills in a variety of educational settings.
Success rate of MaKami College graduating students finding jobs in their chosen field in 2020.
Why Our Master Instructor Program?
You are a professional in your chosen field and have spent countless hours honing your skills in careers like healthcare professions, business management, entrepreneurship, and various trades. Now you want to help train the next generation of professionals. Becoming a master instructor will allow you to take your professional skills to the next level by instructing the future generation of adult learners in a variety of educational settings.
The 12 month Master Instructor Program offered at MaKami College is offered online and on-campus in a blended-learning format. Our flexible program allows for busy professionals in any setting to become instructors while maintaining their busy careers.
Our program is broken down into three levels, combining theory and practical applications to provide students with a well-rounded, hands-on educational experience.
Graduates of the Master Instructor program will be guided through the following fundamentals:
- Adult student-centred learning
- Presentation and lecture delivery
- Classroom management
- Assessments and evaluations
Using the latest technology, all students will receive a laptop for their studies. Students will obtain industry-leading knowledge that will give them the skills they need to succeed in their careers as instructors in the modern classroom.
What Our Graduates Are Saying
About the Master Instructor Program
The Master Instructor program will provide a solid, well-rounded foundation of educational theories and principles, along with practical application opportunities for you to integrate and utilize in a variety of educational settings. In this online program, you will be introduced to a broad range of learning theories and explore the role they play in instruction, fundamentals of adult student-centered learning, presentation and lecture delivery, environment and classroom management, and evaluation and assessment methods.
- Identify measurable learning objectives.
- Apply adult learning principles.
- Establish an environment conducive to learning.
- Create diverse opportunities for participants to connect with the content.
- Facilitate learning using best practice techniques.
- Practice learner-centred training methods and alternatives.
- Develop strategies for different learning needs.
- Identify challenges in the classroom, and select and apply the most effective solutions.
- Utilize new technology to deliver your courses using online tools and strategies.
Eligibility and Admissions
Students must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be a minimum age of 18
2. Subject area knowledge evidenced by successful completion of a post-secondary credential in a particular field of study OR evidence of work experience, evidenced by a letter from an employer or curriculum vitae
3. Successful interview completion
4. Meet English Language Proficiency Criteria
Additional Helpful Program Information
This program not only helped me to fully understand the necessary structures & steps of building a curriculum, but it also helped to further improve my confidence levels as an instructor. I now feel I have a much larger repertoire of teaching strategies and resources that will help me to improve my effectiveness in the classroom and my abilities to create and support an inclusive environment. (…) I wish I would have done it sooner.
This was my first online course and although I was very nervous to try a distance learning program I was surprised at the freedom and flexibility this course allowed me. I truly recommend this course for anyone who is working in a learning environment or supervisory role where communication and facilitation is essential. This course has it all.
Interested in Master Instructor at MaKami College?
Get pre-approved today!