JOB POSTING: Jack Nathan Health® is looking to hire a Registered Massage Therapist for their busy and innovative health care company in Edmonton, AB. Jack Nathan is a leading health care company who improves access for millions of patients across Ontario, BC and Alberta. Seeking candidates who are responsible, self-motivated, organized and looking to grow all while providing exceptional care to patients. This job opportunity is open to MaKami College massage therapy graduates of the 2nd year, 3000 hour program in Calgary or Edmonton. To find out more, please visit www.jacknathanrehab.com
- Complete patient assessments, confers with clients about their medical histories, create plans and implement treatment while providing exceptional patient care and therapeutic intervention.
- Assess patients by conducting range of motion and muscular testing and propose effective treatments.
- Diagnose physical ailments, muscular disorders and injuries of patients. Also advise at home care.
- Administer massage therapy techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, trigger point therapy and lower grade mobilizations.
- Consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists
- Develop strong relationships with patients by understanding needs; successfully impact patient loyalty and acquisition. Provide inter-clinic referrals.
- Maintain treatment, patient records, charts and EMR’s. Showcase effective time management, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Model the Jack Nathan Health brand, values and lifestyle while always maintaining a professional image and any post-covid protocols
- Set high standards for self-based upon competency model; builds an effective network within the company, across all clinics. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Build patient confidence, must be committed to increasing patient satisfaction, sets achievable patient expectations, assumes responsibility for solving patient problems
- Ensure commitments to patients are met, solicits opinions and ideas from patients
- Understand duties and responsibilities, pursue continued learning, and be in command of critical illness
- Target and achieve results, set challenging goals, prioritize tasks, overcome obstacles, accept accountability
- Set team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership / motivation.
- Must have good listening skills, work collaboratively with other team members, build strong relationships
- Must be flexible / open-minded, negotiate effectively, solicit performance feedback and handle constructive criticism.
- Should be detail-oriented, familiar with patient record charting and administration.
- Shares information / ideas collaboratively with others, actively listens and consults.
- Must be a licensed and registered massage therapist member in good standing with an Alberta provincial massage therapy association and with current professional liability insurance.
- Excellent patient service skills and the ability to demonstrate empathy with clients/patients.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- As of November 2021 all employees must be fully vaccinated against covid
CONTACT: To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]