Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Developer
MaKami college has a unique opportunity for an experienced Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Developer to work with our IT Team to develop educational VR applications while creating new educational experiences for MaKami Staff and Students. Working in your own VR Lab, you are creating virtual classrooms for numerous applications.
The objective of the role
Designing and updating education-oriented learning applications for Virtual and Augmented reality. Designing Virtual Reality Systems extensions and inventing VR landscapes for educational use.
- Proven experience with Unity (Unreal engine is an asset)
- Portfolio of previous 3D and VR development
- Experience with HTC Vive setup and usage
- Experience with Google Daydream and Google Cardboard is an asset
- Experience with electronics is considered an asset
- Working knowledge with either HTC and/or Oculus
- Experience in creating 3d environments
Education & Profile
- Computer Science or related Degree
- Programming experience is an asset
- Game creating experience is an asset
- Experience in AR is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn and improve
We offer a competitive compensation package, fun work environment and opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution.