MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
We are currently searching for experienced Tutors to join our Strategic Academic Learning Team (SALT) to provide academic support to our students.
The purpose of the SALT is to help individuals be successful. We believe in helping individuals create a better community and it creates an opportunity for people that might not have had it otherwise
- Providing students with educational support and effective study strategies
- Assisting with the ongoing development of tutoring resources to improve student learning
- Providing individualized tutoring and learning plans to students
- Following up the students’ learning progress and adjusting tutoring and learning plans
- Reviewing and creating tutor training materials to increase tutor effectiveness
- Providing support to instructors to ensure the learning environment is conducive to students with special considerations
- Providing support to Student Advisory Services Department
Required experience and qualifications:
- Qualified Registered Massage Therapist
- Experiences with assistive technology as an asset
- Experiences teaching ESL students as an asset
- Passionate about motivating and empowering students to learn
- Able to both follow directions and work in a team
- Punctual and professional
If you have a medical background that includes knowledge in any of these areas and previous tutoring experience, or a desire to tutor others, we want to hear from you. With a diverse student population, the ability to speak a second language would be an asset, but not necessary.