MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
We are currently searching for an experienced Receptionist to join the team at our New Campus at Marlborough Mall. As the face of MaKami College, the role is responsible for providing our students with outstanding customer service and an exceptional experience while attending the college
Major Accountabilities/Responsibilities (Including but not limited to the following):
- Meet and greet all students, Instructors, and clients, making them feel welcome in a warm and sincere manner, directing them to the appropriate area of the College
- Answer and redirect telephone calls to the appropriate individuals,
- Direct incoming mail and faxes to the appropriate person
- Acts as a liaison between students and those employees who work with them
- General administrative duties to assist the Student Success Centre including photocopying, data entry, filing, etc.
- Schedule and change client bookings for the clinic as required; liaise with the Clinic Coordinator to ensure that any special or unusual client requests are known
- Assist with setting up and tearing down events or workshops
- Assist with laundry (washing and folding) when needed
- Other duties as assigned are deemed necessary to support colleagues in their roles or support the College in achieving its goals and objectives
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail, PowerPoint Publisher)
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Keyboard/typing skills
- Ability to work a multi-line phone system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Display a professional appearance and demeanour at all times
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Reliable and dependable
- Patient and attentive to all individuals in a fast-paced environment
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those who meet our criteria will be contacted to continue in our process.