MaKami College is a provincially accredited Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour diploma program in Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy. MaKami offers professional and highly trained massage therapy instruction with hands-on/practical massage therapy training to our students. We are currently recruiting for Practical Instructors Massage Therapy.
You are an individual who enjoys sharing your knowledge of massage treatments and techniques with students who are just learning about the profession. You are patient, kind and have the ability to demonstrate techniques in such a way that motivates and encourages your pupils. You bring your skills and knowledge of the following: Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Sports Massage, Lymphatic Massage, Prenatal Massage as well as various spa techniques (hot stone, herbal compress, bamboo massage therapy, body scrubs and wraps).
Education and Experience:
- Registered Massage Therapist
- Minimum two years experience in academic instruction in a post-secondary environment
- 5 years of knowledge in the field of instruction
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A variety of clinical experiences
- Demonstrated success in a teaching environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team-based context
- Commitment to continuous learning and reflective practice
We offer a competitive compensation package, fun work environment and opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about their students but also takes great care of their employees.