MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training.
Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to assist the finance manager with the daily operations of the finance department.
Duties & Responsibilities (Including but not limited to the following):
- Perform month-end close tasks including bank reconciliations, analysis of accounts receivable / accounts payable, expense analysis, intercompany reconciliations
- Assist with budget preparation and cash flow forecast
- Assist Finance Manager with ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Assist with year-end inventory counts and other internal auditing tasks as they arise
- Reviewing expense reports and preparing entries into accounting software
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma with a focus on accounting
- 1-2 years’ experience full-cycle accounting
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel and working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with the concepts of deferred revenue and inventory management preferred
- Newly qualified CPA or working towards certification is considered an asset
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment and the opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of their employees