Due to continued growth MaKami College currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Technician Assistant to join the team in our New Marlborough Mall location. We are looking for a passionate and results-driven individual with attention to detail who takes pride in a job well done.
MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training.
Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
Purpose of the Role
Supporting both staff and students, the IT Technician Assistant will analyze and resolve a variety of customer issues while working with the IT team on various projects.
Duties:(Including but not limited to)
- Assist users either in person, over the phone or by digital communication to assess their technical requirements
- Create a positive customer experience
- Establishing a timeline and protocol for harder-to-solve problems
- Install or replace new or replacement hardware and software as requested by the IT Manager
- Creating new users in Office 365, Moodle and other services
- Maintaining users, resetting their passwords
- Providing SharePoint and email access
- Setting up laptops, iPads for staff and new classes
- Information Technology related diploma preferred
- 1 year of experience in PC setup and repair
- 1 year or more experience in IT Support / Help desk Support
- A+ Certification is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint and Moodle are an asset
- Experience in Network setups and wiring etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethics with a proven reliability factor
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment and an opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution.