MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
We are looking for an experienced accountant to assist the finance manager with the daily operations of the finance department.
Duties & Responsibilities (Including but not limited to the following):
- Perform month-end close tasks including bank reconciliations, analysis of accounts receivable / accounts payable, intercompany reconciliations, variance analysis
- Perform quarterly and year-end reporting and GST returns
- Assist with budget preparation and rolling cash flow forecast
- Assist Finance Manager with ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Assist with the development and implementation of internal audit procedures
- Reviewing expense reports and preparing entries into accounting software
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma with a focus on accounting
- Minimum 3 years experience in full-cycle accounting
- Recently obtained CPA or nearly completed CPA program
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel and working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with the concepts of deferred revenue, budgeting, forecasting preferred
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment and the opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees