MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Instructional Design Assistant to join their instructional design team. The new team member will contribute to the design and development of new and current programs, as well as other instructional projects. You will work collaboratively with the instructional design manager, subject matter experts, curriculum developers, and multimedia developers to create educational solutions that meet program outcomes. They will also provide administrative support to the instructional design manager for the day-to-day operations of the team.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, team members, and subject matter experts to develop and improve classroom and eLearning materials
- Review instructional materials and projects
- Recommend a variety of meaningful learning experiences using adult learning principles and concepts, new technologies and tools to ensure learners graduate with the key skills they need
- Create and review storyboards and course design documents
- Develop, administer and gather program feedback which will be used to improve and enhance our programs
- Administrative support tasks
- Organize and schedule meetings
- Prepare and proofread documents
- Diploma or degree in instructional design or equivalent (degree in education, certificate in adult education)
- 1 or more years in instructional design or administrative experience (other combinations of education & experience will be considered)
Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Self-starter and energetic
- Problem solver
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Organized and thorough
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 apps
- Familiar with LMS, especially Moodle an asset
- Experience with course authoring tools and SCORM an asset
- Familiar with ADDIE or AGILE instructional design processes
We offer a competitive compensation package, a fun work environment and an opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.