MaKami College is a provincially licensed private vocational college offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma program.
Founded in 2001, MaKami College is the largest massage therapy school in Alberta offering the highest level of instructional training available in the massage therapy profession. With campuses in both Edmonton and Calgary, MaKami offers professional and highly trained massage therapy instructors, hands-on massage therapy training, work experience opportunities and plenty of one-on-one attention within our student success centre.
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources Director, is responsible for providing effective leadership and support to all levels of management and employees, take ownership of all HR matters across the college, while promoting the college’s culture and fostering an environment for both our students and employees to develop a fulfilling career in Massage Therapy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- Promote and develop a culture in line with the college’s beliefs
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to company personnel
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Conducting annual salary surveys
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counselling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining company directory and other organizational charts
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Human Resources or a related subject with 7+ years of progressive HR experience including experience in multiple areas of HR
- Ability to understand and promote the beliefs and culture of an organization
- Demonstrated conflict management skills
- Experience in grievances and arbitration
- In-depth knowledge of labour law principles
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be a collaborative team member and a service delivery focus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and support the implementation of new programs and policies
- Strong verbal and written skills
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment and the opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.