MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
Due to continuing growth in our Health Care Aide programs, have an exciting opportunity for experienced HCA Instructors to join the team. We currently have Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual positions available.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide quality academic instruction to students, ensuring that each student in his/her class has an enjoyable, productive, challenging, and meaningful experience in that class.
Responsibilities(but not limited to)
- Assist in the development of the curriculum for the Health Care Aid Program
- Provide appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction in each class by taking into account the unique abilities of each student
- Prepare lesson plans according to College standards/guidelines with approval from the Department Head
- Supervise students on practicum placements
- Utilize a variety of instructional methods to present course material to students (lectures, demonstrations, hands-on-training, independent and group projects)
- Provide individualized instruction when needed
- Prepare, administer and mark student assignments and exams
- Utilize effective classroom management techniques that keep students organized, orderly, focused, attentive, on task and academically productive during class
- Work with the Student Advisory Services Team, Student Academic Learning Team, and the Teaching Assistant to monitor classroom operations and track student performance
- Other duties as assigned which are deemed necessary to support colleagues in their roles or support the College in achieving its goals and objectives
Education and Experience
- Registered LPN in good standing in Alberta
- Minimum two years teaching experience in a classroom setting
- Experience developing curriculum
- Experience teaching within an adult learner population
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to explain concepts to others effectively
- Able to work with students with a variety of academic abilities and backgrounds while remaining patient
- Familiar with classroom routines
- Able to work evenings and Saturdays
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest in opportunities with MaKami College.