Due to continued growth MaKami College currently has an exciting opportunity for experienced Graphic Designer to join our team at our Calgary Campus
MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
- Translates and develops new artistic concepts into the visual medium
- Provides graphic consultation via meetings and or projects
- Designs and produces camera-ready art including graphs, charts, clip art, posters, digitization of graphics, line-art, and or photos
- Produces technical and scientific illustrations for presentations and or publication, as appropriate to the requirements of the position
- Keeps abreast of industry thinking, new ideas and technologies
- Adheres to legal requirements relating to duplication, printing, software and fonts
- Consults with client and staff to identify their graphic needs, budget constraints and reasonable deadlines for the project
- Use a wide range of media including photography and computer-aided design
Education & Experience:
- Degree or diploma Commercial Art/Graphic Design) preferred or other related certificates or equivalent years of related work experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years related job experience
- Understanding of social media channels
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines under minimal supervision in a team environment
We offer a competitive compensation package, fun work environment and opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.