MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to join our Health Care Aide team. This role will assist and support the HCA Department Head in all administrative tasks associated with the department.
Major Accountabilities/Responsibilities (Including but not limited to the following):
- Writing letters and emails on behalf of other team members as requested
- Carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Maintaining computer and manual filing systems
- Providing information to colleagues and students, while handling sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Replying to emails, telephone messages and inquiries in a timely manner
- Managing appointments for the department head and other team members as required
- Making Travel arrangements for the management team
- Ordering Supplies and equipment
- Travelling between campuses in Edmonton and Calgary
- Acting as a liaison and first point of contact with individuals and organizations
- Running errands off campus including driving the executive team to events
- Various miscellaneous tasks such as assisting with organizing and coordinating graduation events, assisting with orientation for 1st and 2nd-year students, providing uniforms/scrubs to students or new employees
Education & Experience
- Minimum two years experience in an Executive Assistant position
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in the English language (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of office administration procedures
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities at once
- High attention to detail
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Displays a positive, cheerful and helpful attitude
- Ability to build strong relationships internally
- Works efficiently and with integrity under pressure
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Full driving license
We offer a competitive compensation package, a fun work environment and an opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.