MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students.
Our purpose here at MaKami is to help individuals be successful. We believe helping individuals creates a better community and it creates opportunities for people that might not have had it otherwise.
Social responsibility and building community networks are important to us. MaKami College was founded by a family of first-generation Canadians and we know just how important it is to have a support network. It is our mission to support others in the community and to give back where we can.
Due to continuing growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Corporate Lawyer. As a Corporate Lawyer, you are responsible for advising on all business and employee legal matters while working alongside other departments within the College. This role will allow the successful applicant to have a real impact on the lives of our students.
- Interpret and apply a strong understanding of key legal concepts to support the making of effective business decisions
- Negotiates/reviews legal agreements
- Drafting and reviewing various contracts
- Conducting due diligence for various corporate commercial transactions
- Assisting and advising on corporate filings
- Handling various other corporate commercial matters as they arise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree
- Excellent academic credentials/transcripts
- 5-10 years of experience in corporate law
- Excellent knowledge of corporate statutes and procedures
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined
- Confident in their ability
- Strong business acumen
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.