MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
Due to continuing growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Communications Specialist with MaKami College. As a Communications Specialist, you are responsible for the implementation of internal and external communication strategies for MaKami College.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled communications professional to develop their knowledge and skills while working with a leading private college in Alberta.
- Design and help execute effective communication strategies for the College
- Create and deliver corporate communications both internally and externally
- Provide media and public/community relations
- Promoting a positive public image of our company
- Collaborate with the marketing team and other departments on various projects
Skills, Abilities, and Attributes:
- Diploma or Degree in communications, public relations, business, or related discipline
- Proven track record of success, with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in communications, public relations or marketing;
- Experience creating and executing well thought out marketing and communications strategies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work individually and in an integrated team environment
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinker with an eye for detail and design
- Working knowledge of design and communications programs, including Word, Excel, Mailchimp, Canva and Adobe Suite (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively, under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- An outgoing, people-oriented personality
- Experience working in post-secondary institutions in a communications-related role is an asset.
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment, and an opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.