MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy diploma program. Founded in 2001, MaKami College is the largest massage therapy school in Alberta offering the highest level of instructional training available in the massage therapy profession.
This position has primary responsibility for performing a variety of tasks that assist the Clinic Supervisor in providing clients with high-quality treatment and students with a quality learning experience within a clinical setting.
Major Accountabilities/Responsibilities (Including but not limited to the following):
- Assist students with preparing and setting up their assigned stations for the clinic
- Handing out and tracking supplies that are provided to the students at the beginning of each clinic
- Pick-up client files from the reception area and deliver to Clinic Supervisor for review before distributing them to the assigned student
- Assist students with clean-up of their station after each client and preparation for the next client as required
- Ensure that all supplies signed-out by students at the beginning of client are returned and put away appropriately for the next day clinic
- Assist the Clinic Supervisor with supervising students and answering student questions and concerns
- Provide hands-on instruction where appropriate, demonstrating massage therapy techniques that support the students learning
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of the clinic rooms and equipment
- Review client comment cards with students, providing tips and suggestions on how they can improve their skills and knowledge
- Motivate and encourage students to practice a variety of techniques to gain as much hands-on experience as possible prior to graduation
- Provide guidance and training to clinic student mentors
- Other duties as assigned which are deemed necessary to support colleagues in their roles or support the College in achieving its goals and objectives
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Certificate or Diploma of Massage Therapy from a recognized institution, with a minimum of 2200 hours of training
- Registered member in good standing with a recognized massage therapy association
- Maintain a Practitioners License
- Minimum of 4 years of practical hands-on experience
- Minimum 1- 2 years of clinical experience in an educational setting considered an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.