Due to the opening of our new Marlborough Mall Campus, an exciting opportunity for a Clinic Instructor to join our team. As a Clinic Instructor, you are responsible for performing a variety of tasks that assist the Clinic Supervisor in providing clients with high-quality treatment and students with a quality learning experience within a clinical setting.
MaKami College is a provincially accredited Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour diploma program in Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy. Founded in 2001, MaKami is the largest massage therapy school in Alberta. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students.
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education. Therefore, as a team, our goal is to provide our students with demonstrated kindness, understanding, assistance and respect throughout their journey.
- Directly supervise and instruct students assigned to them during clinic
- Work in collaboration with the Clinic Manager to monitor student attendance
- Provide client assessments to ensure the appropriate student is assigned to them based on student skills and knowledge
- Motivate and encourage students by providing constructive feedback
Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED
- Certificate or Diploma in Massage Therapy from a recognized institution
- RMT License with 4 years of practical hands-on experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of clinical experience
- Experience in an educational setting is considered an asset
- Have the ability to translate theoretical concepts learned in the classroom to a practical/clinical setting
Our Student clinic operates on Wednesday and Thursday from 4 pm – 9.15 pm
Please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants that apply, however only those deemed qualified will be contacted to continue in the recruitment process.
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment, and an opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.