MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
MaKami College has an opportunity for a Part-Time Cleaner to join our Team at our new Marlborough Mall location. If you have previous Cleaning experience and are available for the shifts outlined below, this could be the ideal opportunity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Dusting and cleaning ceiling vents, surface areas, and counter surfaces
- Performs general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors
- Using vacuuming equipment; vacuums and cleans carpets, perform further treatments such as shampoo or stain removal as needed
- Disposing of trash from bins and containers
- Polishing furniture and room accessories as needed
- Scrubbing sinks, basins, and toilets in private and public bathrooms
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors
- Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products
- Keeping all public spaces neat
- Reporting repairs and replacements needed when encountered on the job
Skills & Experience
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- Ability to work well alone and with a partner or team
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines; excellent time management skills
- Pays attention to detail when cleaning
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during the daily routine, with ability to stand for long lengths of time; physically able to push vacuum cleaner for extended periods; ability to lift 25 to 30 pounds
- General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies, and techniques for cleaning
This is a part-time position, the shifts are Wednesday 4.30 pm – 9.30 pm & Saturdays 9 am-5.30 pm
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those who meet our criteria will be contacted to continue in our process.
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment, and an opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.