MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
As MaKami College continues to grow we currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Campus Security Guard to join our team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Promote appropriate behaviour and protect the welfare of students, faculty and staff
- Respond to emergency situations, provide first aid, and alert additional police or emergency personnel as appropriate
- Helping to coordinate emergency plans
- Write and submit incident reports as required
Required Skills and knowledge:
- Alberta basic security training certificate and licensed through Alberta solicitor general
- Standard First Aid, Level C CPR, and AED certificate
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 1-2 experience in security and/or related industry
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of Integrity and Honesty
- Strong strategically-focused analytical skills and capacity to provide leadership
- Conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- Maintain a professional and positive working relationship with co-workers and students.
Shifts: Tuesday to Thursday: 7:30 am to 4 pm, Friday: 10:30 am to 6 pm and Saturday 7:30 am to 5 pm and are split between our SW and NE locations
We offer a competitive compensation package, a fun work environment and an opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.