MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy diploma program. Founded in 2001, MaKami College is the largest massage therapy school in Alberta offering the highest level of instructional training available in the massage therapy profession.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Campus Safety Officer to join our team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Promote appropriate behaviour and protect the welfare of students, faculty and staff
- Respond to emergency situations, provide first aid, and alert additional police or emergency personnel as appropriate
- Helping to coordinate emergency plans
- Write and submit incident reports as required
Required Skills and knowledge:
- Alberta basic security training certificate and licensed through Alberta solicitor general
- Standard First Aid, Level C CPR, and AED certificate
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 1-2 experience in security and/or related industry
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of Integrity and Honesty
- Strong strategically-focused analytical skills and capacity to provide leadership
- Conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- Maintain a professional and positive working relationship with co-workers and students.
Shifts: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 5 pm – 9 pm, Saturday & Sunday 6 am – 6 pm.
We offer a competitive compensation package, a fun work environment and an opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.