MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
This position has primary responsibility for supporting the Student Advisors with the student funding applications, ensuring the relevant document is submitted and monitoring the progress of applications.
Major Accountabilities/Responsibilities (Including but not limited to the following):
- Assist students in determining government loan eligibility
- Providing information, guidance, and assistance to students on funding and the financial aid application processes
- Ensure student loan applications are complete and relevant documentation submitted
- Monitor the status of all pending student loans
- Writing letters and emails on behalf of other team members as requested
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure student funding is secured
- Replying to emails, telephone messages, and inquiries in a timely manner
- Carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Maintaining computer and manual filing systems
- Providing information to colleagues and students, while handling sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Working collaboratively with members of the Student Advisory Services (SAS) team and Faculty to ensure that students are provided with the best possible service
Education & Experience
- Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration from a recognized institution
- Minimum two years of experience in an administrative role
- Knowledge of office administration procedures
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, grammar and spelling
- Fluent in the English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities at once
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to identify issues and suggest solutions
- Communicate effectively with people at various levels, both internally and externally
- Strong time management skills
- Experience working in a sales environment
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment and the opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.