MaKami College is a provincially licensed Private Vocational College offering a 3,000 Hour Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program, a Health Care Aide Certificate Program, a Business Administrative Assistant Diploma Program, a Master Instructor Diploma Program and Alberta Basic Security Training. Our vision is to provide a positive learning environment for ALL our students. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to better their lives through the transforming power of education.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team at our new Campus at Marlborough Mall.
Major Accountabilities/Responsibilities (Including but not limited to the following):
- Writing letters and emails on behalf of other team members as requested
- Carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Maintaining computer and manual filing systems
- Providing information to colleagues and students, while handling sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Replying to emails, telephone messages, and inquiries promptly
- Developing and updating administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Various miscellaneous tasks such as assisting with organizing and coordinating graduation events, assisting with orientation for 1st and 2nd-year students
- Working collaboratively with members of the Student Advisory Services (SAS) team and faculty to ensure that students are provided with the best possible service
Education & Experience
- A Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration from a recognized institution
- Minimum two years experience in an administrative role
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in the English language (written and verbal)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, grammar, and spelling
- Knowledge of office administration procedures
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities at once
- High attention to detail
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Displays a positive, cheerful and helpful attitude
- Ability to build strong relationships internally
- Works efficiently and with integrity under pressure
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment and the opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only cares about its students but also takes great care of its employees.