MaKami College’s Health Care Aide program offers a cutting-edge iPad-based curriculum using the newest curriculum available from the government of Alberta. The program is offered in a blended format, with theory completed online and practical labs and clinical placements completed in-person.
Our program runs in 2 semesters. The first semester comprises 5 courses including a 4-week clinical placement. The second semester comprises 4 courses, 2 of which are clinical placements..
The newest Health Care Aide program is available in the Edmonton Campus.
Our 9 Health Care Aide Courses:
- Health Care Aide Role & Responsibility
- The Human Body, Health and Chronic Illness
- Communication in the HealthCare Environment
- Providing Person-Centred Care & Comfort
- Clinical Placement I
- Meeting Complex Care Needs
- Special Activities for Clients with Various Health Conditions
- Clinical Placement II
- Clinical Placement III
Health Care Aide Program Length
This program runs for 40 weeks (10 months) and includes 735 total hours of training during the 9 courses.
- 6 courses are a mix of theory and lab, totalling 375 hours
- 3 courses are clinical placements, totalling 360 hours
Interested in Health Care Aide at MaKami College?
Get pre-approved today!