Massage Therapist Needed - Touch Massage & Wellness
JOB POSTING: Touch Massage & Wellness is looking to hire a warm, friendly and capable Registered Massage Therapist for their newly opened studio in Edmonton’s Southeast Meadows neighbourhood. This job is open to RMTs and students, including MaKami College massage therapy graduates of the 2nd year, 3000 hour program in Calgary or Edmonton.
What to expect:
A new space with modern décor and a calm, relaxed professional atmosphere. Therapists are passionate about assisting in people’s healing and recovery and are focused on traditional Thai massage therapies for overall well-being. The clinic also provides deep tissue, sports, orthopedic, craniosacral, prenatal, reflexology, various relaxation massage techniques, plus other wellness services. The culture is one of learning and growth and offers the opportunity to learn from a massage therapist with a knowledge of therapeutic healing.
Equipment is all new with fully electric beds. The clinic provides a paperless work environment to ease your workload. They keep electronic record keeping, online booking, automated scheduling, and direct billing. Also included are free uniforms, flexible working hours and sales split percentage based on performance and experience. You can also expect marketing, products, equipment, etc. covered, so all you need to bring is your passion for client care, your enthusiasm to learn, and some comfortable shoes!
· Eagerness to learn and expand on their techniques and modalities
· A minimum of 2200 hour of training as an RMT
· Currently registered and in good standing with an officially recognized association within the province of Alberta
· Traditional Thai massage qualification/certification and experience an asset
· Ensuring completion of all pre-treatment client needs assessments
· Adhering to all health and safety requirements and protocols
· Ensuring client comfort throughout treatment
· Adapting massage/modality type to meet client needs
· Knowing how to handle and report inappropriate client behavior
· Maintaining confidentiality of client and company information
· Completing all post-treatment client documentation
· Staying current on upcoming appointments
· Ensuring personal appearance and uniforms are clean and tidy
· Maintaining a clean and organised workspace
· Maintaining a professional and relaxing environment in the studio
· Genuinely greeting and appreciating the clientele
· Treating everyone with respect and dignity