Massage Therapist Needed - Propel Sports Physical Therapy
JOB POSTING: Propel Sports Physical Therapy is looking to hire a Registered Massage Therapist for their one of a kind physical therapy, recovery & performance institute that pushes the boundaries of both industries. Unlike traditional physical therapy clinics, Propel believes in looking at full body movement patterns and functional-based treatment clinic using a comprehensive team approach to support clients to move better, feel better and do more. Their vision is to cultivate and drive human potential. They are dedicated to the art and science of excellence in movement. This job posting is open to MaKami College massage therapy graduates of the 2nd year, 3000 hour program in Calgary or Edmonton.
• Perform therapeutic massage of soft tissues and joints.
• May assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength, or propose client therapy plans.
• Current and valid license for massage therapy
• 1-2+ years’ experience as a registered massage therapist
• Dedicated to ongoing education
• Experience working in a sports physical therapy clinic environment is preferred
• Reliable transportation required
• Excellent customer service skills
• Provide 30 to 90-minute massages for clients at Propel
• Guide clients through service offerings and help them choose the types of massages that would benefit them most
• Take detailed histories from clients, including information about any injuries or conditions
• Design sessions around clients’ specific complaints or problem areas
• Listen to clients during massages and adjust technique to meet their needs
• Suggest massage schedules for recurring sessions and/or cross refer to physical therapist, performance coaches or other practitioners.
CONTACT: To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]