Massage Therapist Needed - AdvoCare Health Services
JOB POSTING: AdvoCare Health Services is looking to hire permanent full-time Registered Massage Therapist and part-time Care Aide positions for their complex care facility in Nelson, BC (Kootenays). Offer competitive wages and healthcare benefits (minimum hours required). This job posting is open to MaKami College Massage Therapy graduates of the 2nd year, 3000 hour program in Calgary or Edmonton.
- - Offer a Moving Allowance of $ 1,000.00
- - Referral Incentive of $1,000.00
- - Education Incentive of $500.00 for each 160 hours of employment completed, up to a maximum of 960 hours in total for those who graduated from a Care Aide course after Dec. 1, - 2019 (conditions will apply for all incentives, and only 1 incentive allowed per new hire).
Application for incentives are open until June 1, 2020, or until all lines are filled. Looking for motivated and reliable professionals to join the healthcare team! All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, with a valid SIN. Temporary Foreign Workers must have a valid work or study permit. Assistance with finding accommodations available as requested.
· Completes tasks outlined in care plan, residents’ days or, in Assisted Living environment, personal service plans
· Completes tasks as per shift specific routines/checklists, including tasks delegated by a nurse
· Reports and documents according to company and contract partner procedures
· May participate in care conferences
· Supports infection control practices
· Assists residents or clients in maintaining a tidy and hygienic environment while encouraging utilization of residual skills where feasible
· Assists with new resident admissions including documenting on the resident day, labeling clothing and orientation to routines
· May include bathing of own residents or, serving as primary spa staff
· Contributes to RAI processes
· Other related duties, as required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Must hold RCA, HCA or Care Aide Certificate
· Clear Criminal Record Check
· WHMIS, Food Safe and other conditions of hire as reflected in the hiring process
· TB test and/or x-ray as required by licensing
· Completion of a Health Care Aide course or equivalent. At AdvoCare, equivalent is considered to reflect those applicants who are non-practicing RNs or LPNs who provide evidence of previous certification, display competencies as required to complete duties outlined in this job description or, is a student nurse whose instructor confirms has work readiness skills for this discipline.
· Salary: $18.49 per hour for 3 months or 450-hour probation (whichever is first), and $18.99 after probation.
CONTACT: To apply, please email your resume to [email protected] or call 1-250-352-0055